Tuesday, January 28, 2014

What's in a name?

I have known for some time I wanted to start writing about my life and the adventures and lessons I've had along the way.  I've lived and worked with the homeless in Daytona Beach, traveled the world, and even experienced the day to day madness of owning a home, being married and becoming a father. I also have this unrelenting passion for people... you know in that very non-psychopath kind of way. There are few things that bring me more joy than helping someone live their dream, conquer their fear, or work through a difficult issue. It is truly what I love to do!
I have delayed this blog far too long, however, for one (ridiculous) reason. WHAT THE CRAP DO I CALL THIS THING?!?!?!?!?! I mean, seriously, that one question has pushed me into a depression, driven me to the verge of a breakdown and almost caused me to give up blogging at all. Now that I have a name YOU BETTER LOVE IT! I mean, I hope you enjoy what you read... I hope above all that it inspires you and pushes you to live out your most outrageous dream(s). Believe me when I tell you that I had to fight and fight hard to live out my dreams and still there are many that look too big or too impossible to be considered reality.
Disclaimer: this blog will not be about how awesome my life has been and how you should strive to live like I do. Please, please set your bar far higher than me! It is only by the grace and mercy of Jesus that I have experienced the adventures I have in my life. I've started living dreams only to give up on them. I've sacrificed what I knew was right to do what was easy. I simply try to live by the promise that Jesus made to His people. "I (Jesus) came that they may have life and have it abundantly" - John 10:10. Notice He says abundant life, not an easy life.
I hope through my failures and successes that we can work together to really LIVE our lives. The name "Hitch and Hold" came from this singular idea. There must be a way for us to "hitch" our dreams to a real, practical plan and then create goals, boundaries, and day-by-day objectives around that plan in order to "hold" firmly to making our dreams a reality.
I am going to use this blog as a way of sharing what I'm learning about the "Hitch and Hold" idea/plan as well as just my day to day experiences.  If this sounds like something you might be interested in then hitch a ride on hold on tight (cheesy, I know. Get used to it!) and we will see where we go from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment